Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sweet memories...

Thanks again to all who have been following this incredible journey that I have been on these past 3 weeks. I can hardly believe that I have been home for almost a week now. I think I may have left my heart there. I feel myself thinking about the kiddies alot. :( But there are amazing stories to share!


I'm not sure why I didn't post this on my first blog, but God has had His hand on this trip from the VERY start. When we arrived at O'Hare airport to leave for SA we had 19 bags for 6 people. Each person is only allowed 2 checked bags, and so we were way over our limit. We knew this and had talked to our travel agents about it and they told us it would be $55 for each extra bag. Not so bad right?

Well, when we got to the counter the lady told us that each extra bag was going to cost $200 dollars, which would make our total $1,400. Not cool. So a couple of us started praying, while the others talked with the woman. After a few minutes she suddenly said "This is what we're gonna do. You each take an extra checked bag and Tim you take the leftover one as your carry on."


AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING FOR ANY OF THE EXTRA LUGGAGE!!!!!! GOD IS SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!


On the way home, Cindy and I had to sit for 9 hours behind a couple who was very rude and kept their seats back the entire time, even though they weren't sleeping. We wanted to complain, but we knew it would do no good. So we just endured it. God blessed us by switching us to first class seats on the plane ride from NY to Chicago! Thanks God!!


I will be putting up videos and pictures soon. But for now here are some of the pics that I have so far. You don't have to have Facebook to view these photos just click on the link.




Again thank you so much for the love and the support... you have all truly been a blessing to me!
Me and all of the VOH kids, not all are looking and not all are smiling, but they are with me in my last moments there! :( Missing you babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment