Sunday, May 27, 2012

Questions

A BIG THANK YOU THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY DONATED!!! Be looking for something in the mail in the next couple of weeks!!!!!

 I have had people ask me lots of questions about how they can help, when I am leaving, and what I will be doing, so I decided I'm going to blog about it so that I can answer these questions for those of you who don't get to see me to ask me these questions! :)

When am I going to South Africa?
MY plan is to go at the end of August, but I am open to God's timing. What you might not realize however, is that I can't buy a ticket or apply for my visas until I've raised 75% of my monthly support.

What will I be doing?
I am returning back to Agape Family Ministries, where I was for 6 weeks this past summer. Hopefully I will be able to use my skills as a special education teacher at the school for children with special needs and also working at the group home for children and young adults with special needs. They did just open a home for abandoned babies, so I'm sure I will be spending time there as well! :)

How can you help?
I can't do this without YOU!!! I won't be a paid teacher. I am sacrificing my paycheck here to follow God's calling on my life to GO to South Africa and show these children Christ's love. I need you to PRAY for me as I raise my support. I need you to PRAY that I can transition well to my new home for the next two years. I need you to PRAY that my family will transition to me living on another continent. I need you to PRAY that I seize all opportunities to share about how God has worked in my life with everyone I come in contact with.

But I also need people to come alongside me and support me FINANCIALLY. I need people that will be willing to sacrifice a little so that God can continue to work through me in South Africa. I know that God is going to provide, but won't you join with Him? One time donations are wonderful, but monthly committments are the best, just because it makes it easy for me to build my budget.
Even if it is just $30 a month, $1 a day, it means everything to me.

So won't you please pray about partnering with me? I NEED your support. I would be MORE THAN WILLING to come speak to you, your family, your small group, or your church. I want to talk about what God is doing in my life and I am so excited to see what He is going to continue to do.

If you would like to financially support me here are the options we have with CTEN, my US sending organization:
1. Send a check directly to CTEN, with the support card you may have already received, or with a note letting them know this is for Megan Hartman and whether it is a one time gift, or monthly gift. You will find the address below: 


Commission To Every Nation

PO Box 291307

Kerrville, TX 78029-1307

2. Go to www.cten.org/meganhartman  and click on the "Donate" button. You can set up a one time gift or monthly gifts there as well.

3. Call 800 872-5404 and they will help you give.



Now that school is done I will hopefully have more time to blog and update everyone on my journey to South Africa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment