Monday, July 9, 2012

Everything is bigger in Texas...

TRAINING IN TEXAS:
In the middle of June, my mom and I embarked on an adventure to Kerrville, Texas for my Commission To Every Nation (CTEN) Orientation. The roads were big and the number of miles we put on the car were big too, but more importantly the hearts of the people I met there were big. No, they were HUGE!!!

I loved meeting all of the staff of CTEN, but especially my pastoral care staff, Jack and Carol, pictured below. Throughout the orientation, mom and I were blown away with the OVERWHELMING feeling of confirmation that CTEN was the perfect organization to work with in my ministry in South Africa. His fingerprints were ALL over everything!!! It still gives me chills!!! CTEN's ministry motto is "Helping Ordinary People Partner with God to Accomplish the Extraordinary" and that is EXACTLY what I needed!!! :)

Throughout the training we learned about how to deal with taxes and the financial side to missions, how to be safe while in the field, how to communicate effectively with our supporters, among other things. I learned so much and my heart was moved!!! They reminded us that we need to live by the "Father first" principle: God is first because it is all about Him. So humbling!!  I loved that they were honest with us that after the "honeymoon" period is over that there will be times when we want to just cry, and that is ok.

"God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." I'm not sure who said this, but this statement is so true!!! I trust that He will give me everything I need. The comfort. The financial support. EVERYTHING because He loves His children.

An unexpected blessing were the relationships with the other missionaries that I met throughout the training!!! Hearing their stories and about their ministries was encouraging. Being with a group of people that were about to enter the mission field or that had already been in the field for a while was so encouraging because they can relate to my feelings on the same level. This blessing truly was not something I had planned on!! I love when God surprises me!!!


Another unexpected blessing was getting to sit at the "feet of Jesus"!!! Kerrville has this huge cross, 77 feet tall, that stands on top of one of the hills overlooking the town. Mom and I went up and learned about who built and why but the best part was just resting at the foot of the cross and soaking up time with my Jesus!!! Peace overflowed while I was there!!! I wish I could have spent more time there!!

Update:
As of last Friday I have raised 79% of my monthly support if everyone that has verbally committed to giving does so!!! PTL!!! What a blessing!!! Everyone has been amazed at how quick I have been able to raise my support and the only explaination is that I am surrounded by the best, most supportive family, friends, and co-workers that SEE and SHARE my passion for my babies in South Africa!!!! :)
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Because of your generousity, I will hopefully be able to purchase plane tickets this week and begin the process for my VISA paper work!!! I will need to continue to try to raise 100% of my support, but I am feeling like one blessed girl!!!!  

Prayers:
*Pray for me as I've had to begin saying bittersweet goodbyes to family and friends.
*That I will be able to raise 100% of my support before I leave.
*Open hearts of the children that I will be working with.
* Smooth transition to the culture, especially while learning the language. Pray that God will provide me with a local person who will be able to take me on as a "student".
*Pray that in this "busy season" I will remember to take time to just sit and rest in Christ.


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful I can be a part of this amazing journey that the Lord is leading you on. Your trust in the Lord to follow His calling is such an inspiration to me.
    teresa

    ReplyDelete