Saturday, April 2, 2011

God is Moving!!!!

Hey Bloggers!!!! Check out this blog written by my cousin, Alissa, who is going to Africa with me this summer! http://lightofmine-arh.blogspot.com/    :) Our family is catching the "African Fever!!!"

God is moving in some mighty ways!!!! I plan on having a longer post soon, but here are a few ways you can be praying for our team!!

* We are in the crunch time to raise our funding so that we can purchase the plane tickets to secure our dates. Pray for trust beyond measure, that even though the numbers are huge, that we will not be afraid.

* That all of the details for this trip will fall into place quickly and smoothly. Pray for the organizational heads of Spreadtruth and Agape, as I work with them and that all of our communications will be fruitful.

* Some major decisions are coming my way, specifically. Please pray that God would give me clarity, as I really need to make these decisions over this weekend.


Here is my support letter, for those of you who have not received a paper copy. If you wish to contribute to our trip to love on the best babies ever--- here is how you can get connected!!!! :) Thanks for all the love and prayers!!!! You are the best group of warriors we could ask for!!!


"Dear Friends and Family ,


God is doing some amazing things in and through my life! He has provided me with a unique and wonderful opportunity to go to South Africa to share His goodness with the “least of these”! I will
be leading a small group of four young women to Grabouw, South Africa, the same township I served
in last summer. We will be working with an organization called “Agape Family Ministries”, for most of
the summer, although a few can only stay for 3 weeks. “Agape” is an organization that was started by a
couple who realized how wrongly children with disabilities are treated in South Africa, especially in the
slums. They opened a group home to show love and compassion for these precious children, and since
have opened five preschools throughout the township as well. They have graciously invited us to come
and “love” on children who are abandoned, unwanted, and unloved. God’s hand is orchestrating
bringing us all together, with the same desire to love children, as Christ loves them. “Africa Fever” is
catching quickly in our family and we are so excited not only to be a part of God’s plan for these
children, but to experience this life change together. For more detailed information about our plans and
about Agape, please check out my blog http://mihartman14.blogspot.com.



We will be leaving in early June and returning in early August, but I need your help. We need
prayers to guide us, to direct us, to open the ears of those that will hear the message of love through
Jesus, to protect us, to break us for what breaks His heart, to love those that are cast aside by society
like they are the princes and princesses they are in The King’s eyes, and to allow God to use us in
whatever ways He desires. Will you join and be my prayer warrior? Please write it on the blog or tell me
so I will know who is in our army. I thank you in advance for the prayers that will be lifted for our team.

Will you not also consider supporting me financially? Unfortunately, nothing is free, even if it is all for Jesus. I will need to raise $4,500 for transportation, food, and lodging by April 11, 2011. I am asking that you will allow God to use you in this trip to help my “babies”. Help me to help them. If you are feeling lead to help me, please send the money to Spread Truth Ministries (see information below). Thank you for being a blessing to those that cannot help themselves.

I can’t wait to see how God is going to use us!

Breaking my heart for what breaks His,
Megan Hartman



Make your check payable to Spread Truth Ministries;

On the memo line of your check please put: Member ID# 2974



Your gift is tax deductible

********Please mail your check by April 20, 2011*********

Please mail your tax‐deductible contribution to:

Spread Truth Ministries, Attention: South Africa Trip, P.O. Box 3171, Bloomington, IL 61702‐3171

Donations can also be received by credit card by calling (309) 452‐3213"



South Africa here we come baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment