Saturday, April 30, 2011

Openings and closings

Just for the record: This is going to be a LONG post....so I hope you are ready for some crazy-awesome God stories!!!! :) PTL!!!!!

The Story: (I'm about to be really real here, so please be loving and understanding)
 So God has been working on my heart for a while about doing something big. Something huge. Something scary. Something so exhilarating that I can hardly stand it!!!! God called me to stay long term in my beloved South Africa way back when in October, Halloween to be exact. Well I told Him then I would go as long as He wanted, and I thought that meant going this summer, leading my team, and then sending them back to the states and staying in Africa for the school year. So I have been mentally preparing myself that everything I do with my extended family and friends I don't see often, may be last time I get to spend with them for awhile. God moved in some mighty ways and opened some serious doors for me to stay long term, and at the beginning of April, I was confident that I was going to for sure, no doubts that this was what I was supposed to be doing. I was keeping it "under the radar" because I was afraid of rumors that may have circulated, and I was missing a few components, but I was trusting the Lord's provision of my needs. I was willing to give up my job, I sold my car,  and I moved back home, all for the purpose and glory of my God's work with the orphans of South Africa.

Well, sadly, two weeks ago, after several attempts to set up phone appointments with organizations to support me on a long term basis, all failed to happen, I realized that God was closing the door for now. While this brought me a great deal of heartbreak, I trust that God has a great plan, much greater than any plan that I can put together on my own. I trust that I need to focus my energies on my team this summer, and that when I return I will begin my campaign for a long term missionary opportunity. Thank you to all of you who have helped me talk through and pray through my options and loving me in my joyful moments and my moments full of tears.

PRAISES:::::::::: :)
My cousin Alissa, has raised ALL OF HER SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE RAISED ALL OF MY SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My sister, Rachel,  is super close to raising all of her support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

** I praise my God for His abundant love and grace and for the INCREDIBLE support that has poured out from our family, our church family, and from my co-workers. It is so overwhelming to soak it all in. God has provided for us when we have come to Him on our knees lost for words and not sure where the funding would come from. He has blessed us so much. I want to thank you for being obedient and helping us to fulfill our heart's desires to love His children.

** We are getting REALLY CRAZY EXCITED AS OUR TIME APPROACHES!!!!!! We leave in 46 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I can hardly contain my excitement, and I know that the other girls feel the same!!!!!!!


Prayers:
** Please pray for Nicole. As a new Christian, and even as an old Christian, it is hard to put that huge amount of trust that God will provide financially for you. As of Monday, Nicole was still in dire need of some huge financial support. But our God is so good and has placed some incredible people in my life and Alissa's lives that are willing to be a "sender"!!! She is not fully supported yet, but in a few days she went from being thousands of dollars away, to just a few hundreds of dollars away!!! What a mighty God we serve!!!

** Final details are coming together. We needed to buy plane tickets this week, but it didn't happen, so Spreadtruth is going to buy them Monday. Pray that the purchase goes smoothly, and that we can find a really good deal on tickets so we can use the money to bless the babies, rather than "waste" it on airline fees.

** We are trying to piece together details like rides to the airport, transportation while there, internet access to keep our families and "followers" informed on God's workings while we are there, along with several other things. Pray for clarity and trust, as I know that all of these are minor details.

** Luggage: We are planning on collecting things to take with us to bless the babes. We don't have a set list of supplies yet, as I am waiting to hear back from Agape on what they may specifically need, but as soon as we know what they need we are going to work hard to try and bring it with us. This will add money to our trip though, because we have to pay for checked luggage, but I trust that God will make it happen. After all, last year our team of 6 took 19 bags, and God moved in the heart of the lady at the luggage counter so that we didn't have to pay FOR A SINGLE BAG!!!!!!!!

Once again, thank you for your support. And I'm not talking just financial. The prayers that are being sent upwards for us are most definitley being felt and heard by a God that loves and nutures us.

Please comment. It is sooooooo encouraging to "hear" your words, even though we are still here in the states.





"Our God is greater, our God is stronger


God You are higher than any other


Our God is Healer, awesome in power


Our God, Our God…






Into the darkness you shine


Out of the ashes we Rise


There’s no One like You


None like You.........

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us


And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?


And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us


And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?


What can stand against?"

"Our God" by Chris Tomlin

 




2 comments:

  1. Praise God for all He's done and is continuing to do!! I know it's been a long difficult journey with lots of ups and downs, but He is in control! I miss you already, but can't wait to see how He uses you to bless those babies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome team you will be at Agape Ministries!! Those babies are going to get wrapped up with sooo much love and attention :)
    I will continue to pray also for opportunities for you to share God's love with the people in the township, and at the school. God has already done amazing things for your team and there's more to come ........

    ReplyDelete