Wednesday, July 25, 2012

34 Days

34 days.....I leave in 34 DAYS!!!!!!! Because of God's provision through my AMAZING supporters and prayer warriors I've bought my plane ticket for August 28th!!!!!!  A couple of months ago I was thinking that I was crazy to think that I would actually raise enough of my financial need to purchase my tickets by my goal date: the end of August.

Honestly, when I counted out that relatively small number of days, I had some mixed emotions. While of course I am PUMPED OUT OF MY MIND, it also reminded me that I really need to cherish the short amount of time I have with my family and friends.

God has made it easy for my family to spend time together this week as we went to Branson, Missouri to enjoy what may be our last family vacation for a while. We've enjoyed swimming, hiking, shows, and reminiscing about past family vacations. Making new memories, while recalling old ones, has been very bittersweet. I'm so blessed to have the family that I do. God placed my in a family.

I've realized that I'm leaving this love I'm surrounded by here, to show this love to the children in Africa that may not know this type of love. Love that is unconditional. I'm so honored that God called me to do this. I get to love children unconditionally, like Christ loves me. Best of all, when they ask me why, I get to tell them about Jesus. How amazing!!!

Praises:
- The support from local churches has been amazing! I'm blessed to live in communities that are mission minded and want to support local missionaries!
-Plane tickets are bought!!!!!
- I've raised 90% of my funding!!! I've been blessed beyond measure!!!


Prayers:
-That I can raise the final financial support before my departure.
- That despite a CRAZY schedule, that I can find time to relax and spend time preparing my self for this huge spiritual journey.
-That I can find great joy in the time I have to spend with my family and friends, that will carry me through periods when I long to be with them.
- As I speak at churches and benefits, God will stir people to partner with me in prayers and financial support.
-That God will begin to work in the hearts of those that I will encounter in my travels and the children and adults I will be working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment