Saturday, July 10, 2010

Home in Africa

'Ello All!! :)
PTL'S:
~We are here safe! The plane ride was a little hard- although I think regardless of my back-- sitting for 20 hours was a long ride, but Cindy and I were able to sit next to each other and were able to bond quickly. I was worried about not meeting her until the day we left, but God had His hand in it. She is FANTABULOUS!! We are almost like twins and have blended and clicked insanely well!! :) PTL!
~ The people/ organization we are working with is amazing! :) They are all so wonderful!
~ The children at the clinic, which so happens to be right outside our backdoor :), are so wonderful!

PRAYERS:
~One of our team members has been feeling a little sick. His name is Chris.
~Cindy and I went with Lees (one of the workers for Village of Hope, a part of Thembalitsha) into the community yesterday. It was incredible but heartbreaking at the same time. We experienced and learned so much.
She took us to an Agape Christian School for children with Special Needs. It was heartbreaking. Although they have good Christian people to watch over them and some very nice equipment (much better than what I was expecting!), it was heartbreaking to learn that here in SA they typically put babies born with any disabilities or if they are premature, into a room in the hospital and let them die. Because they were born different, they are sentenced to death. It broke my heart being there thinking about all of the babies that are dying everyday and of how many little lives that I love who are "special" in the states that would not be around if they were born here.
On the bright side, we have been invited to come work at the school-- aka LOVE ON BABIES-- whenever we want. Next week we are going to go work there. :) My heart went crazy while I was there. I came back to the house and cried for awhile, but I'm excited to go back.

~~ Pray for a little boy named Michael. We were able to bless him with school clothes so that he could return to school on Monday with his peers. He has a very rough home life with a mother who is an alcoholic and siblings who are addicted to "Tick", a drug like meth.

** I asked God to speak to me about the things happening around me and in my head. At 3am last night I woke up suddenly compltetely awake and the children at the special needs home on my mind. I asked God what was happening and He put a verse in my head. I didn't want to look it up for fear of waking Cindy so I laid there for an hour thinking about it and fell back asleep.

The verse was Romans 12:1. Read it. It spoke directly to me and brought me to tears this morning when I read it.

God is doing some amazing things here! The ministry is awesome. The people are awesome.

I'M IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

I will try to get on sometime next week and put of pics of the babies! :)

All my love!

11 comments:

  1. Awww....Megan. What an amazing verse. I see why God brought it to your mind and why it spoke so deeply to you! I love you! I know God is going to some truely amazing things in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, I know how difficult it must have been for you to learn what happens to children born with disabilities there. I cried right along with you. God put you there for a reason and you, and the others on your team, will be used to make a difference in those kids lives. I'm so truly blessed to have such an amazing and caring daughter! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog.......AWESOME!!!! Glad to hear that you and Cindy bonded so well. You'll be such encouragement to each other! Megan - the last part of verse 8 of Romans chapter 12 says: he who shows mercy with cheerfulness. God has a cheerful mercy giver in you!!! I know that you will give it away abundantly with those kids! Love, Aunt Niece

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post just made me BAWL!!! You are doing such a wonderful thing and are an AMAZING person. I'm so proud to be related to you!! - Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan,

    Praise to God for your safe arrival. God has blessed all your babies with your love for them. You are in my prayers and will be praying for your specific needs. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,

    Thanks for the update!! Sounds like you're really being blessed and that God is using you in a BIG way!! :) Can't wait to see pics!! Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Megan,

    So glad you all made it safe. I know how you feel when you see how other countries operate. I will be praying for you. I hope God continues to show Himself to you there and in those children. How precious, those little ones without the voice to make a difference, born into a place and in circumstances they didn't choose, still there is hope, because we have a God we call Father!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Megan - It was so wonderful to read your blog and see how God is working through you and your friends. My heart breaks with yours for all those little ones that have been placed in a room and forgotten. I know you will be their ray of sunshine as you are a ray of God's light to so many of us. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, girl--glad you're having an awesomely blessed time in SA! Praying for you all the while......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to hear from you! The kids and I are thinking of you often!
    Prayers with love...Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan...thanks so much for posting your experience. My heart aches for the little ones and I would love to be able to love on each of them, but am so glad you are there and you are like a bright star shining in the sky!! We will keep you and your friends in prayer and of course we will be praying for all the kids you will be witnessing to. We love you!

    ReplyDelete