Saturday, September 1, 2012

Rollercoaster (8/29/12)

WOW!!!!! My life for the past few weeks has felt like a constant rollercoaster, with incredible highs and insane lows. From unexpected doctors visits and procedures, to spending quality time with family and friends, to watching my Grandmother leave this Earth for her eternal home with Jesus. Saying goodbye to her was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, and it is completely selfish. I know she is no longer in pain and is dancing with Jesus so why should I be sad? My head is not sad. I’m REJOICING in the thought that we will one day be reunited. But my heart needs a little more time. She had been on an uphill stint, so I thought she would pass after I left, but God had different plans. Please pray my family through this. For those of you, who have been asking, her services will be today (Saturday Sept. 1) at 10am at the First Baptist Church in El Paso.

On the climb of my rollercoaster however, I’M OFFICIALLY on my way to South Africa!!!! I’m sitting in Heathrow Airport as I type this post. While I am SOOOO excited to finally be going after what seems like an eternity, saying farewell for awhile to my dearest father, mother, sisters, and friend yesterday really hit me hard. Another dear friend reminded me of the call Jesus makes: “Leave your father and mother and come follow me.” Not easy stuff. I miss them already and I haven’t even made it to Africa yet!!! But I live in the reassurance that we will Skype often. I’m also praying that they may be able to come visit me while I’m in SA to see firsthand how God is using me, and so they can meet my babies!!!!

 

Praises: * For the outpouring of love that I’ve felt the last few weeks, especially at my going away party! Thank you SOOOO much for those that helped and that came!!! I am blessed with a HUGE support system!!! <3

* One leg of my trip is down!

* That I was able to be with my grandmother and my family when she was called home to be with Jesus.

Prayers: * That the second half of my trip goes well….I’m nervous about finding my gate after our last issue at Heathrow airport.

* Transition on both sides of the Atlantic!

* That I will be able to prioritize myself in a way that doesn’t run me down, but that allows myself to be used by God at Agape.

* That Catie Belle and I will have a sweet reunion! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment