Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Teachable

Teachable- Flexible- Expect the Unexpected. These are all things that I have been wrestling with for the last week. My devotion last night addressed the importance of being "teachable", especially while on the mission field.

I thought I was just coming to South Africa to work in the special needs school, lending them my experience from school and working at the UE, and spending time loving on the kids in the group home.

But my God had different plans. Bigger plans than I could have fathomed.

As of Monday, I have accepted the role as a full-time "house mom" for four little ones, all under the age of 6!!!! God knew my heart's desire to be a mommy, but I didn't quite think He was going to answer it in this way! We are still working out details and getting the house ready for the children and myself. I'm hoping that by the end of next week I will have a move-in date. This obviously means some change in my routine, but I'm happy that I can still go to the school in the mornings if I want to since the children will either go to school or to a creshe` (daycare/preschool). Once we get settled and organized I will post more information and of course PICTURES!!! :)

Am I stoked OUT OF MY MIND????? YES!!!!!!!!

Am I CRAZY??? Probably!!!!

Am I a little nervous?? Honestly a little. I think I'm just getting those first time mommy gitters. BUT I trust that God is going to be right alongside me as I walk through this journey, as He has already led me down this path.

I need your help though: Being a mommy means I will need to have my OWN transportation. I've found  minivan that we are looking into purchasing for me to use. Thankfully it is an automatic- I've decided if I'm having babes in the car I'm not driving stick-until I've had LOTS more practice! Of course though, I didn't add the cost of buying a van into my budget before I left, so I'm trusting that God will provide the finances I need to purchase the van.

Would you be willing to come alongside and help bless our new little family with a financial gift to use for the purchase of a minivan? If you are feeling called to help financially, please email me (mihartm87@gmail.com) and I will send you information as soon as I have all of the details solved. Please pray for wisdom as we search for the perfect fit!

Also, if you have been patiently waiting for me to give you my postal address, please email me and I will send you the address!

Can I just tell you there are not enough words to tell you how much joy this little girl brings to my life?
We painted her fingernails today! I've LOVED getting to LOVE my Catie Belle!!!
I'm excited that my love gets to spill out to the 3 other kids as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan! UNBELIEVABLE!! God is so good! So excited to be able to hear about the path your life takes! You have been on my heart, wondering about this possibility. The prayers won't be stopping any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. House Mom, that is awesome. We'll be praying for that transition.

    ReplyDelete